Tuesday, October 25, 2011

THE MOST FASHIONABLE OF HALLOWEEN FESTIVITIES = DIA DE LOS MUERTOS FESTIVAL!

This past weekend my man and I went
to the most fashionable festivity of the Halloween season!
Hollywood Forever Cemetery
and boy was it ever an event! 
I wound up taking over 200 pictures and still did not capture 
everything this beautiful celebration had to offer.
Think huge music stage, food booths, hundreds of Muerto alters, 
crafts & shopping, art galleries, dancing, chanting circles,
and even a death raffle to win a place of rest at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery! 
As a life long fan of Dia De Los Muertos Culture,
I can honestly say that I was completely blown away and 
pleasantly over stimulated while turning every corner. It was AMAZING.
As night fell and we called on our loved ones to join us in the land of the living, 
it was very evident that we were not alone. The temperature dropped a good 15-20 degrees 
and even in my leather jacket, I was shivering intensely. 
(Well worth it if it meant spiritually reuniting with my beloved grandmother.)
At the stroke of midnight, we safely guided our loved ones back into the light, 
thanked them for spending the evening with us and ended the celebration. 
Again, IT WAS AMZING!
Until Next Year... goodnight grandma! :)


Posted by THE B-SPOT®
Visit THE B-SPOT® at www.BurgundyWoods.com


No comments:

Post a Comment